Maximizing Public Assistance Enrollment Initiative
Goal: Increase enrollment of eligible individuals in public assistance programs including TANF, Food Stamps, Medicaid, and Chip and draw down federal dollars to our community to assist those in need.
Scope of Work: Guide process to develop inventory of current initiatives and identify short-term and long-term strategies for optimizing public assistance outreach, eligibility, and advocacy.
- Concise inventory of current initiatives to optimize public assistance, outreach, eligibility and advocacy efforts.
- Convene broad group of community stakeholders to draft community-wide plan for maximizing public assistance enrollment and funding that provides a vision, common goals, strategies (short-term and long-term), and identified organizations willing to commit their resources and efforts towards implementing the plan.
- December, 2009 – Approved 5 Year Plan
- October, 2009 – CAN Retreat Presentation on the Maximizing Public Assistance Enrollment Initiative
- February, 2009 – Proposed 2009 Workplan (2/13/2009)
Project Completion Date:
For information on this initiative, contact Vanessa Sarria at 512-414-0325 or email@example.com