CAN meetings are in blue and Issue Area Group meetings are in red. Other community events are not colored.Category: C.A.N. Events Calendar
Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Health insurance reform, Medicaid and CHIP funding and more.
· Join advocates from around the state as we focus lawmakers' attention on health insurance and proposed cuts to key health care programs.
Texas has had the highest uninsured rate in the nation for two decades, and it's time to get covered!
· Texans have new opportunities to get insurance and our state can benefit from new federal resources--legislators need to make health care reform work in Texas.
· We can't balance the budget on the backs of sick people. Lawmakers are proposing cuts up to 30% for health insurance and health care services--this will take our state farther backward instead of helping get Texans covered.
Join us if these issues are important to you:
· Protecting CHIP and Medicaid health coverage.
· Ensuring that hospitals stay open for everyone.
· Ensuring seniors and Texans with disabilities are able to continue receiving care.
· Ensuring access to all the benefits Texans should get from national health reform.
Registration and info.: http://www.covertexasnow.org/content/about-lobby-day