CAN meetings are in blue and Issue Area Group meetings are in red. Other community events are not colored.Category: C.A.N. Events Calendar
- Friday, May 18, 2012 - 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Monday, May 21, 2012 - 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Monday, June 4, 2012 - 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 6, 2012 - 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
15 opportunities at meetings in May and June to give input
Austin residents will have 15 opportunities at Boards and Commissions meetings in May and June to hear departmental budget presentations and give input for the development of the City’s Fiscal 2013 budget.
City Manager Marc Ott relies on what the community values as the “most important” City services as a way to set priorities in the overall development of the final budget.
“We are committed to continuing this high level of outreach and communication in the upcoming FY 2013 budget cycle and we hope to have good participation from the community at these Boards and Commissions meetings,” Ott said.
During these meetings residents will have the opportunity to hear departmental budget presentations and provide input. In addition to providing feedback at these meetings the public can also provide input online at www.austintexas.gov/finance.
In upcoming months, the City Council will conduct several public hearings for additional public input.
The budget development documents for the Fiscal Year 2012-2013 are available on the Budget Office’s website at www.austintexas.gov/finance. The budget schedule with department and commission includes: