CAN meetings are in blue and Issue Area Group meetings are in red. Other community events are not colored.Category: C.A.N. Events Calendar
- Tuesday, November 8, 2011 - All Day
- Wednesday, November 9, 2011 - All Day
This is just a reminder that the University of Texas-Austin and the Department of State Health Services are hosting a conference, Making the Connection between Public Health and Primary Health Care Settings, November 8-9, 2011. The conference is focused on promoting discussion about the integration of public health concepts in the development of electronic health records. Space is limited so register online today!
The conference goals are:
- To enhance knowledge and effectiveness of the current Texas Healthcare models and approaches at the state level by educating key stakeholders on the current Texas policies, federal mandates, and considerations for reaching these mandates.
- To promote and disseminate the tobacco research-based template among EHR vendors, hospital systems, state employees, including a lessons learned approach to developing additional research-based models for EHR implementation.
- To involve the public health sector in the discussion of EHR implementation, including a discussion how to work within a healthcare system ready for implementation of an EHR.
- To initiate action planning toward improving daily workflow including public health guidelines for best practice.
Please share this invitation with healthcare systems administrators, local health department officials and healthcare advocates from your community. Travel funds are available so please share this invitation with anyone who would benefit from this discussion. Register today!