CAN meetings are in blue and Issue Area Group meetings are in red. Other community events are not colored.Category: C.A.N. Events Calendar
Date: Saturday, September 10, 2011 - 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
These true stories are from high school or college age youth who have either reached out for help themselves when they were severely depressed and having suicidal thoughts, or from teens who have reached out to help a friend who was thinking of suicide.
This free event will be held from 1- 3 pm, Saturday, September 10, 2011, Alamo Draft House at the Village, 2700 W. Anderson Lane, Austin, Texas 78757. For more information or to register: http://videopremiere.eventbrite.com/
Following the screenings of the four-minute videos, there will be Q & A with a panel of the youth and young adults, producers and mental health providers. Mental Health America of Texas will be using the videos in suicide prevention trainings and posting them on the internet to encourage help-seeking for those in need.
The videos are sponsored by the Texas Suicide Prevention Council and Mental Health America of Texas in partnership with the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, the Texas Department of State Health Services and the Austin Travis County Suicide Prevention Coalition.
- Ribbons of Hope: Maggie's True Story of Help & Hope for Teen Suicide Prevention
- ASK the Question: Kurt's True Story of Help & Hope for College Suicide Prevention
- Always Tell Someone: Krista's True Story of Help & Hope for Teen Suicide Prevention
- Good Friends are Essential: Zach's True Story of Help & Hope for College Suicide Prevention
- You Can Never Count the Stars: Shania & Sydney's True Story of Help and Hope for Teen Suicide Prevention